Custom Search Tutorial
Custom Search allows you to locate multiple properties in a regional area by building your own custom search criteria in a simple four-step process. You can then export or print your retrieved property information in various report formats.
From the Custom Search tab, follow these four quick steps to get started:
- Select a geographic identifier such as State and County or ZIP code. Note: In Step 1 when inputting a Zip Code, it is used to limit results to that particular county.
- Select from more than 96 search criteria using the drop down list of options.
- Build you custom query.
- Review your selected criteria.
- Submit your search.
Prior to accepting the records retrieved in your search, if you’re using the preview option within your Preferences, you can preview the data of the properties found and refine your search criteria, if needed. In the event no records are found, you may need to refine your search and possibly remove some of the more targeted search criteria.
When accepting records for purchase, your account will only be billed for the records that are retrieved from the search, which may be per record. Billing is based on rates identified in your contractual agreement.
Note: If you do not sue the preview option available within My Preferences, you will be charged for the viewed records when you submit your search criteria.
Within Custom Search:
- Select a geographic identifier such as a state and county.
- Select Radius Distance From Subject under Search Criteria.
- Enter subject property by selecting Click Here to Find.
- Enter distance from subject property you would like to search and then Add to Criteria List.
- Select Land Use under Search Criteria and select Vacant Land (NEC).
- Once Radius Distance from Subject and Vacant Land NEC have been added to your Criteria List submit your request.
- Select a search criteria of your choice
- Select Improved % from the Search Criteria option
- Set the Improved % to zero
- Add to Criteria List and Submit Request
To view the property on a map, exit Custom Search by selecting the “Map” search option from the Main menu: